Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Time for a rant. I know: how unusual!

I left Blockbuster in November because... well, many reasons, but the pay was shite and the manager was an arsehole. They never managed to sort out my tax code (what the hell does Payroll do all day? Come up with new ways to screws the employees?) so I phoned up after I'd left. They promised to call me back.

I'm still waiting.

In January I filed a repayment claim with the tax office. I'm supposed to expect repayment in 28 days. Well, my maths ain't that good but I'm sure it's been longer than that. And a new tax year has begun, too.

I just sat down with a calculator, my old payslips, and a pen, and worked out that of the £217 they took off me, they only deserved £9.45. And that's giving them the benefit of the doubt. They took 22% of everything I earned. At minumum wage they're only supposed to take 10%; and only on hours in excess of 20/week. So, I'm pissed off. Again.

I did have a lovely hugs and puppies day yesterday when a contest judge told me my voice was phenomenal and she can't wait to see me published, but now I'm back to being pissy again. Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:34 am

    I'm so sorry it happened to you. You deserve that money. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:07 am

    Good luck getting your money back. And congratulations on the contest judge comments.

    ReplyDelete