Sunday, February 04, 2007

Yay and boo


First the yay! I read a while ago that the SciFi Channel in America is making a TV series based on the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. I freaking love those books, so I was really excited when I saw a January start date. However...when I emailed to ask if the SciFi Channel in the UK was going to be showing it...they said no. Stupid SciFi!

But, I saw an advert this morning (saw, not heard, couldn't get anyone to shut up in time) for it on Sky One, for the 14th of Feb! Result! Harry, you're my Valentine. Don't let me down now.

Now for the boo. Photoshop. It's driving me crazy.

Breif reason why: I just got a new computer. On my old one, there was a program called PictureIt! which I used for image editing. I got pretty good with it. However, Microsoft doesn't make it any more and as it came with the old computer, I don't have any setup files for it. So, I need to start learning how to use Photoshop. Only, it's like learning French and then starting on Japanese. It's just so different and I don't understand what anything means.

I want to remove red-eye from a photo...I can't do it. Don't even know where to start. I want to cut out a person from a photo and stick them on a different background. Ditto: how do I cut them out? How do I import a background? What the frilly heck is a layer?

Does anyone know where I can get a talking-in-single-syllables tutorial for this? Or another program that's not as maddening? I know Photoshop seems to be the standard...but like I said, it's all Japanese to me!

1 comment:

  1. Don't get too excited about the Dresden Files.

    The show is okay, but it's really nothing like the books.

    As for Photoshop - sorry, I can't help, I can't really use it either.

    ReplyDelete