Monday, November 12, 2007

Agent madness

No, not the madness of agents (although they can be kerraazy people!), but the madness of me in submitting to them. I've got the small press thing nailed, but what I want, what I really really want, is to make some money from my writing that will buy me more than, say, a couple of books a month. It'd help if this income wasn't arriving in the form of dollars, because the £-$ exchange rate is at its worst for 26 years. Well, that is, if you get paid in dollars but live in pounds. If you get paid in pounds and want to take a dollar holiday, you're literally quids in.

Anyway. First two agent submissions emailed off today; the rest are to be done by post tomorrow. Wish me luck, because based on previous form, I'll damn well need it.

Oh! Yes, and I forgot to add. Tomorrow, Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter Companion is out (actually it's largely written by her buddy Alethea Kontis), and it contains the very silly short story written by me and Amelia Elias, Widget Bones's Diary. Unfortunately due to an administrative screwup, we're not credited for it in the book (although I'm on the copyright page, go and look!). I'm promised it'll be corrected in future editions, but for now, you'll just have to take my--and Sherri's--word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment