Wednesday, March 26, 2008

And now I'm going to eat the rest of him.

RWA have announced the 2008 Rita and Golden Heart finalists. Congratulations to all. you might notice that I'm not on that list, but like the Murphy's, I'm not bitter. I'm just going to eat lots of cake and look at all the other shiny awards my entry has won.

And rant in private about bias against erotic romance, and how ER should be judged on its own merits, because it's as unfair to put ER against mainstream as it is to judge inspirational romance against other books because it's so dependant on content that might, let's face it, offend lot of people. If erotic romance can't be judged on its own merits, in its own category, then they shouldn't pretend it's welcome, and save a lot of authors time, money and fingernails.

But then I suppose it's like fuel tax, isn't it? It's not about saving the planet, it's about making money.

Hmm, that wasn't a private rant, was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment