Monday, December 29, 2008

Post Christmas

Funny old week, isn't it? The words "post Christmas" to me usually mean some sort of diet, which I suppose is what I'll be starting next week. But the whole festive period always seems to be a week of Sundays, or at least Saturdays, what with the bank holidays, and actual weekends cropping up when you least expect them. I was quite surprised to see the postman turn up this morning. Well, more accurately, afternoon. But then that's the Royal Mail for you.

Christmas highlights for me have been: Doctor Who (of course), the chocolate/cream/coffee pudding we have in place of Christmas pudding (it contains so many calories you get fat just by looking at it), the red silk dress I bought in the sales yesterday; and of course my new mini laptop, which I love so much I've already secretly named it Minnie. For those wondering, it's an Acer Aspire One, runs on Linux, and looks like this:

For scale, here's a picture of it (not Minnie, just some random Acer) next to someone's hand:

Adorable, isn't it?

In the 'giving rather than receiving' category, the best unexpected hit of the year has to be the chilli and garlic oils we bought my brother almost as a joke. Couldn't stop talking about them. Loves his chilli oil, does my bro. My dad adored his History of Sheffield Wednesday book (well, someone has to), and my mum seemed pretty chuffed with her Shirley Valentine DVD.

Oh, and I suppose my other highlight has been the news that my friends Patrick and Gemma had a baby boy on Saturday. Mazel tov to them, and to baby Ethan! Your mad auntie Kate will be round later in the week with some sort of fluffy cat toy, setting you on the road to a lifetime of appreciation for all things feline. Hey, it worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment