Saturday, January 17, 2009

Competition

It's been ages since I've entered any of my work into a contest. The last time was Almost Human in last year's Ritas, which was a bit of a stupid thing to do (the RWA has bowed to pressure and accepted that erotic romance is a part of the industry; nonetheless, they won't make it a distinct category in the Rita contest. Therefore an erotic romance has to be entered in whatever other subgenre it fits into--in my case Paranormal--and be judged by a different set of standards, by readers who may not be comfortable with the level of heat in the book).

Anyway, the RWA Passionate Ink chapter, which I've been a member of since it started up, has its own contest, just for erotic romance. Almost Human won the Fantasy/Futuristic category in 2006 (which might have been an influence on my decision to enter it in the Rita). Last year, I didn't feel I had anything strong enough to enter, but this year I'm entering Courtesan. So, wish it luck!

6 comments:

  1. Luck, luck, luck, luck, luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LUCK and Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    I've just realised, the heroine of Almost Human was a courtesan, and she won. So, maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mucho luck, girl! It should definitely win the Most Gorgeous Cover award... and the story inside ain't too shabby either! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankings! And yes, shame it's not judged on its cover, eh?

    ReplyDelete