Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Bits and pieces

It's been a little while since I blogged, so here's a little round up of what's been going on around here.

Minnie still isn't fixed, and the Vile Laptop is giving me armache every time I try to lift the damn thing.

The builders are still here, and my back garden looks like the Somme. Mud and puddles everywhere. Demon Puppy loves splashing around in it, and of course walking it all into the house. She also loves barking at every tiny noise they make--and every large noise they make. There are many large noises.

I've nearly given up on getting fit for my ski trip. When is it, you ask? Well, Saturday. I know, I know: I'm a rotten skiier with terrible balance and a severe case of the lazies, so why am I going? Well, it's a lovely location with a lovely group of people, in a catered chalet where I've a fighting chance of eating some decent meat-free food (this never happened to me skiing in France: I pray Switzerland will be different. If not, I can always eat the chocolate). Skiing is just the penalty of such a nice week.

Spike the Snow King helping me pack for my trip

I appear to be co-hosting a workshop on social media at the RNA conference in Greenwich this July. The lovely Liz Fenwick is the one really in charge; I appear to have been co-opted due to the inordinate amount of time I spend on Twitter!

With that in mind, does anyone have any advice or cautionary tales about social networking for authors?

3 comments:

  1. Always be respectful on twitter and ANY social media network. That's the best advice I can give. And, make sure you keep some things sacred and chose them upfront. I don't give out pup's name or pertinent details, but I'll tell you if I'm at the gym, etc. It's knowing your limits.

    Love Spike lounging in your suitcase ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also be very, very careful about making a close personal friend of the conference organiser.

    Co-opting happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, that's some very good advice.

    ReplyDelete