Friday, May 10, 2013

Conversations with contemporary women writers

Behold! For I am a contemporary women writer--yes, I fulfil all three criteria!--and as such I have been invited to take part in a series of talks at Leeds Metropolitan University about, well, being a contemporary woman writer. As Johnny Bravo would say, "Enough about me. Let's talk about me. What do you think about me?"


This is Johnny Bravo. Not me. Although I do rock this look.
I might also read a bit from one of my books, and answer questions, which may or may not include, "Where are the toilets?" "When does the real author get here?" and "Where did you get those shoes?" If you want to know, you'll have to come along, because I haven't decided which shoes to wear yet. I mean, come along to hear me talk, too. Obvs. I am a Real Author. It says so on my business cards.

Anyway, I'm really excited about this, not just because it'll be my first solo engagement as a Real Author (eep!) but because I was born in Leeds and would quite like to see how the place has been doing in my absence. I used a few locations in a roundabout way for The UnTied Kingdom, and one I especially want to visit is Kirkstall Abbey, from which Harker and the squad rescued Eve, and which is in our reality a picturesque ruin (Note to self: don't forget your camera).

The talks are being held at Broadcasting Place, which I believe to be on Woodhouse Lane, in Leeds (there's a map here), and mine will be on Tuesday 21st May at 5.30. It's free to attend (although I think you might need a ticket: check the University's website for details). If you're in the area, pop along and listen to me rambling on about shoes, cats, and which celebrities I currently fancy. C'mon, it'll be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment