Monday, October 31, 2016

Minor glitch

Hi everybody,

It's come to my attention that some devices are displaying formatting glitches in the Max Seventeen file. I literally only discovered this less than two hours after the file had gone live, when I was looking at it on my Paperwhite.

I had of course proofed and previewed the file in every way Amazon KDP allows, but somewhere along the way it seems to have become corrupted and the formatting has gone a bit wrong. If you've discovered that the text
".suddenly looks" 
", like this" 
for no apparent reason 

...then I do apologize quite sincerely!

I'm working through the night trying to find out what went wrong and how I can prevent it happening again (it hasn't happened with any of my other books), but in the meantime, I've created a new .mobi format version of the file which you can email directly to your Kindle which appears to have fixed the issue.

If you would like me to send you this, please email me your receipt of purchase for the original Kindle file to katejohnsonauthor@gmail.com and I will send you the .mobi file which you can then email to your Kindle (for instructions see below). I trust you'll understand why I'm asking for the receipt to be included, and that you won't pass on my email to anyone unless they've had the same problem.

To find your Send-to-Kindle e-mail address, visit the Manage your Devices page at Manage Your Kindle (under Your Account). Documents can only be sent to your Kindle devices or apps from e-mail accounts that you added to your Approved Personal Document E-mail List. 

 I am also in the process of uploading the corrected file to Amazon KDP (which I can't do until it's completed the initial publishing process, how frustrating!) so it can update the file you've already bought. You might need to switch on automatic book updates:

 To enable Automatic Book Updates: Go to Manage Your Content and Devices (under Your Account). Select Settings. Select Automatic Book Update to expand the section. Select On to receive automatic updates for your book, or select Off to receive an email notification when an update is available to download. 

Once again, I apologize for this: please believe that I didn't know anything was wrong until now! This would never have happened if Max and Riley had been here to fix things...

 PS: I am reminding myself that the BBC suffered a powercut on the night of BBC2's launch. People nearly missed Playschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment