Friday, April 28, 2006

Dontcha think they make me look smarter?

New glasses! Well, I was all depressed because I got told I couldn't wear contact lenses any more (have to have a prism in the lens to correct a muscle thingy--don't ask, I don't really understand it--which can't be put in a contact lens), but my new glasses are pretty cute.

However, when I walked out of the shop the sun was shining brightly and I thought, "Oh, I'll just put my sunglasses on." Only a) I didn't have them ('cos when do I ever?) and b) even if I did I wouldn't be able to see anything. Cos they're just regular sunglasses with no prescription. Which was no problem when I had contacts.

So, dammit, now I have to think about prescription sunnies. I know, I can have my regular glasses tinted, but that would be next to useless, really, because the lenses are pretty small and the sun would just come in round the edges. Useless for driving. Which means the expensive RayBan type prescription lenses.

And it's months until I can ask for them for Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:24 am

    Just as long as you don't have to get a day job, Cat. Cause that would SUCK major ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:54 pm

    I have the same thing, well, not the EXACT same thing, but I can't wear contacts. They float on my eye. It sucks wearing glasses all the time because of the sunglasses thing. I'm sure you look lovely in them though :)

    ReplyDelete