Thursday, May 11, 2006

Interview with Aura, sex faery


To celebrate the release of Baby Sham Faery Love, I'm conducting an imaginary interview with Aura, the book's heroine. We've all seen the blurb and the cover and the excerpt (and we've all entered the contest, right?), but here's something a little different...


Where did you live between the ages of 7 and 12?

The mortal realms. I always desperately wanted to go to the Courts, but my parents told me it was too dangerous. So I lived amongst humans. I kinda like them.

Tell me about your best earthly friend.

That'd be Tadgh. He's a psychiatrist here in New York, and he's pretty successful: he has an office overlooking Central Park. I still haven't worked out if that's because he's really good, or because he's a raging hottie. He's a sweetheart too: the most kind, patient man you could ever meet. Well, he'd have to be, with a diva like Ell for a boyfriend. Oh, and he's part centaur. Did I mention that?

If you had a time machine that would work only once, what point in the future or in history would you visit?

Oooh, so many choices! Well, I'd probably try to go back and stop my parents being killed in those ridiculous inter-Court skirmishes. But Fate has a nasty way of biting you on the ass and they'd probably die another way the next week.

Which of the following restrictions could you best tolerate: leaving the country permanently, or never leaving the region in which you now live?

Leaving the country permanently would be easier for me. I mean, I love New York, but i don't want to sya here forever when there are so many fabulous places to see!

If you could take a pill that would enable you to live until you reach 1000 years, would you take it? Why?

No, of course not. I'd be cutting my own life short.

If you could change two things about the way you were raised, what would they be?

Easy. I would have been raised in Faery, and I'd have had both of my parents around for a good while longer.

What was the best thing that happened to you this past week?

I found the most divine Anya Hindmarch and it perfectly--absolutely perfectly--matched my new Choos. Ell was so jealous.

Oh: and I found out that my raging hottie of a best friend isn't actually as gay as I'd thought, and had rampant sex with him all afternoon. But I'm still pretty chuffed about that handbag.

What is your favourite time of day?

Twilight. When Seelie and Unseelie merge: it brings out both my faery sides. Dawn is good too, but I like sleeping in.

If you could choose your career over again, would you do it differently?

Probably not. What's not to love about being a sex faery?

How do you relax?

Oh, darling. See above.

What is your most embarrassing experience?

Probably the time I was summoned by the Unseelie Queen while I was having sex. There I was, all naked and sweaty with my legs wide open, and suddenly I was in someone else's bedroom, in the presence of the Queen. It's a damn good job I can apparate clothes, I tell you.

Coming soon: an interview with Reaver, hero of Never Leave me, the first in the new Sundown International series.

No comments:

Post a Comment