Sunday, October 15, 2006

Tag, I'm it!

Emma Sinclair tagged me, and I'm all about the procrastination, baby, so I'm giving in.

1) One book that changed your life:
Seven Up by Janet Evanovich (yes, I read them out of sequence. Shoot me). Before this I'd never really read a mystery before, only seen them on Sunday night TV. And I'd never dreamed that they could be funny--at least, not without being distasteful. A chick-lit heroine and an action-packed plot? This was what I'd been waiting for!

2) One book that you’d read more than once: Everything by Terry Pratchett. Every time I re-read I find something new (like the Elvish joke in Soul Music? And Asphalt the roadie? How freaking long did that one take me??).

3) One book you’d want on a deserted island: Er. How To Build And Pilot A Plane Using Ordinary Desert Island Materials. Either that, or Where Jack Hid The Rum.

4) One book that made you laugh: Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding. I was in convulsions. Honest to God, tears rolling down my cheeks.

5) One book that made you cry: The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (I may have spelled that wrong). Won't spoil the ending, but I was so overwhelmed by it.

6) One book you wish you’d written: Well, I've already mentioned The Pratchett, so I'll go for Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie. I just love everything about it. Plot, characters, dialogue--Christ, the dialogue. If I write one scene as brilliant as any part of that book, I'll be happy.

7) One book you wish had never been written: Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy. Made GCSE English a misery, and was the last set text I ever read the whole of. Incidentally, this does not prevent a passing grade.

8) One book you’re currently reading: Men At Arms by Terry Pratchett. First City Watch book I ever read (I've just finished Guards! Guards! for the first time). No one writes characters with as much...well, character, as TP. I'd read about Sam Vimes or Angua buying their groceries (one large packet cigars {Pantweed Slim something? I can't remember}, one tub armour polish, one convex shaving mirror; one bottle dog shampoo, one hairbrush, one box dog biscuits).

People I'm tagging: Oh hell. Emma's already tagged most of the people I'd do. Can I double-tag Kendra? And the other Great Escape Artists, heh. I really need to read more blogs, don't I? Feel free to tag yourself...

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
5,615 / 12,000
(46.8%)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:24 am

    OH muh gawd? I've been tagged before now? I have to get busy!

    ReplyDelete