Sunday, November 19, 2006

I could do naughty things to this man


This man being Richard Armitage, shown here as Guy of Gisborne in the BBC's Robin Hood. Now, this series has come under a lot of criticism for offences ranging from being boring, to badly-written, to historically innaccurate, to silly. Well, I've hardly noticed. Sir Guy here is a fine example of why.

Vain, brutal, ambitious, loyal, practical, unemotional, single-minded, boastful, frustrated, he's a selfish bully. Gisborne is capable of tremendous cruelty in his overwhelming pursuit of heritage and position, yet beyond this drive for recognition is his one hope for redemption: Marian.
That's what the BBC Robin Hood page has to say about him, anyway. You should see their Robin. And Alan a-Dale. In fact, none of the Merry Men are what might be called difficult on the eye.



See? In fact, I'm using dear Mr. Hood here as the template for my next hero--well, one of them--in Unholy Trinity. I have a sneaking suspicion I may end up creating one in the near future based on the delicious Sir Guy...

No comments:

Post a Comment