Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Pimpage

Ugley Business is released today!

Sophie Green the worst spy the British secret service has ever seen, is back and she’s in love—with a car.

Book two of the Sophie Green Mysteries.

Her best friend is being stalked, and to find out why, Sophie has to solve a murder committed fifteen years ago. Complicating the case is Docherty, whose brooding eyes and Irish accent get Sophie almost as hot as his Aston Martin—and her partner Luke, who may be sexy as hell but has all the interpersonal skills of a speeding bullet. Not that Sophie’s going to allow the state of her love life to distract her from her mission. Much.

Murder plots, stolen supercars, coolheaded mercenaries and mysterious artifacts? Must be a Tuesday.

Warning, this title contains the following: guns, swearing, sex, dark thoughts about cheerful people, incomprehensible Britishisms, and painful sarcasm.


I'm SO excited about this! I love Book Two (yeah, a lot of the Sophie books don't have definite titles, so I got used to calling them Sophie One, Sophie Two, etc.) for so many reasons. It introduces Docherty, who I love because, apart from his skill with various weaponry and his aggressive pheromones, he's just the antithesis of Luke. I also got to indulge my inner petrolhead and get all technical about the Aston Martin Vanquish (personally, I'd prefer a DB9, but Sophie has to work her way up to it). Plus, it's a Sophie book, and I never have so much fun writing these as anything else!

Any takers?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:00 am

    Um, K8...just wanting to see if you were okay. I went to your old blog, but nothin'. Haven't seen you on eharlequin or anything. Just concerned. Hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *swats at you* Enable RSS feeds or something, so I can pick up your blog via my email client AT WORK. LOL.

    I know, DIVA. I'll deal ;)

    ~S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...I might, but I don't actually know what RSS feeds are. This is a good morning: it comes hard on the heels of admitting I don't know where the Cotswolds are. I blame it on lack of caffiene.

    Kaitlin, I'm fine! Just busy. But I'm confused: I don't have an old blog. I started up newer ones on MySpace, but I've had this one for years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Warning, this title contains the following: guns, swearing, sex, dark thoughts about cheerful people, incomprehensible Britishisms, and painful sarcasm."

    Oh yummy! Now that's a closer if I ever saw one!

    ReplyDelete