Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Passionate Plume


Great googamooga. I won. Look, it says so here and everything.

I read a list of final placements on an email via my mobile phone on Saturday, on the way to Clovelly, feeling mildly carsick because me + reading + cars are unmixy things, but Cornwall's version of a main road was the only place I could get mobile signal. And no, I wasn't driving.

I didn't really believe it though until I read Vivi Anna's blog. I'm still astonished she didn't win it: seriously, when I saw she'd finalled in the same category, I just went, "Oh hell, I'll never beat her."

Apparently there's a prize, but I can't remember what it is. I think all the other winners--and most of the finalists--were with big New York print houses. Little ol' e-published me is still blown away!

Congratulations to Saskia, Jade, Anna and Mackenzie for their wins in the other categories. And hats off to Vivi, Melany, Lara, and Jory for being very worthy competitors!

No comments:

Post a Comment