Saturday, November 24, 2007

Skirts and Rejections

The other week in the Times Magazine I saw an extremely cute little faux-leather skating skirt that was--shock and awe!--in my price range! Actually, what I saw was a real leather skirt, in red, for about £570, but next to it was a similar version in black for £30 from Topshop. So, you know. I can live without the red.

But apparently I also have to live without the black, because when I looked in Topshop I couldn't find it, and the assistant hadn't heard of it. Not on the website, either--at least, not under 'skirts' which is where you might imagine it to be. I eventually found it under 'Christmas looks' or something, but it wasn't actually in stock. Bah. Bah, I say!

Oh well, I don't really need to be spending the money and besides, if I got that I'd have to buy some coloured tights to go with it, and they're reasonably pricey, especially when you consider my track record with tights.

The other thing that happened to me this week was the first rejection for the Untied Kingdom. Is is just me, or are rejections getting even briefer and less personal? This was done by email, and consisted of two lines that didn't spare a single word. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment