Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Last lines

So okay, I've finished the Untied Kingdom, or at least I think I have. It's the actual ending that's giving me trouble. I mean, I know what happens at the end (and in fact for several years afterwards), but I don't know where to stop writing. and I've really got to figure it out, because it's 133k and I'm going to have to cut a whole load of it anyway.

So, do I end it with the happy scene, the super-duper happy scene, or just the you-know-what's-going-to-happen-next-anyway scene? Do I go for the Life on Mars ending where the credits should have rolled, or the one where they actually did? Because honestly, I liked seeing Sam go back to 1973, but to end it where he jumped off the building would have been a hundred times more dramatic and brilliant.

Tell me your favourite endings, and the ones you thought should have been fixed...

No comments:

Post a Comment