Monday, March 15, 2010

Maps of the Realms: Now with added jam!

So, I finally got around to re-making a map of at least one of the Realms in which Mad, Bad & Dangerous takes place. I have a felt-tip map I made ages ago when I first started writing this world, so I wouldn't accidentally rearrange geography (although it still happens) but it wasn't very pretty and in any case had a coffee ring on it.

(However, I note after scanning this one in that there appears to be something like jam on the Interior County. Maybe intrepid trekkers across the desert will find it's a victim of the mispeling vyrus and they're actually riding through dessert. Or maybe it's a smudge on the scanner glass.)

Anyway! Here is the first map of the Realm of Peneggan, in which most of the action of MB&D takes place. For your benefit I've noted key locations in sophisticated red Berol pen (man, that must be an old pen, I can't even buy them any more). Click on the image to see a larger version.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, glad to know I'm not the only one who maps things out. And it does help with figuring out their travels both as a writer and a reader.

    Very cool that you shared!

    ReplyDelete