Friday, January 27, 2006

Nana nana nana nana bookshelves!

Whee, I finally have my new shelves up. Would show you all a picture but my camera has run out of batteries and the charger doesn't work any more. No, honest. Anyway, I have something like forty feet of bookshelves filled with fiction and probably ten with non-fiction (yes, I know, but that's what the internet is for). I have cleverly included spaces for the next batch of books I will buy (because when am I ever going to stop buying books? This time next year I'll need even more shelves). Katie MacAlister, Charlaine Harris and MaryJanice Davidson (to whom I was recently compared, picture me thrilled!) all have books out soon (although not soon enough, grr). Shirley Karr has one out in about a week, so yay! (Read What An Earl Wants last year because I thought the title was cool--even though the cover is annoyingly trite-- and I thought the book was even cooler. She's got me interested in regencies again. Well, her and the new P&P movie, which I must also preorder...)

But, more importantly, I've clear all the clutter and have my Spike posters back up. For a moment when the new shelves went up and covered the whole of one wall, I was really worried! But now my special boy has a spotlight shining right on him, above my computer. Ahh, bless.

And just so you can all share in the beauty of Spike, and the wit and inventiveness of Buffy fans, go here and download the Divinyls video. The song is funny enough on its own, the clips are funny enough on their own, and the pop-ups certainly are. But put them all together and hilarity will surely prevail.

Oooh I don't want anybody else, when I think about you I touch myself...

Ahem

No comments:

Post a Comment