Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Boredom is a wonderful, wonderful thing

Pet count: 1 cat (ancient, doddery Tinker), 1 dog (heart-murmur-fluid-on-lungs Honey). No kitten yet.

I'm in that great period between finishing a book and getting the edits, which is when I get to find out just how bad it really is. I did a little more on Kett and Bael's book, tentatively titled Almost Magic, follow-up to Almost Human. I haven't pitched it to my editor yet, mostly because I don't have anything resembling a plot. The downside to being a pantster.
But anyway. It's about Kett, Chance's cousin who features briefly in Almost Human. Kett is a shapeshifter with a whole lot of junk in her trunk; and I'm not talking about her ass. She's been a soldier and a mercenary and a statue--yes, the stone kind--and she trains dragons for a living. She's not particularly amused to find she has a rather literal tie to Bael. Here is Kett:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Bael is a Nasc with a pretty big secret, and no, I'm not going to tell you what it is. Think Jayne from Firefly/Serenity crossed with Rufus Sewell's Petruchio, and you're most of the way there. Big and violent and more than a little bit mad. Finding he's chained to Kett is vastly entertaining to him. Here he be:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Now, don't start bombarding me with desperate emails about release dates just yet. I know none of you can wait a single moment longer for another tale of the Realms. But you're gonna have to. Because I only have eleven pages on it yet. But see the pretty pictures I made? Boredom is a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:05 pm

    Hey sweetheart. We were talking about Vin Diesel ages ago. I think he's gone downhill. You should check out these new pictures of him on this blog. You'll have to scroll down a bit, since I'm not going to put the precise link to the post.

    http://darkhat.blogspot.com

    Take care, luv

    ReplyDelete