Monday, June 23, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year



I'm talking about Wimbledon fortnight, of course. I'm not even big into tennis, but I can't and never could resist Wimbledon. Grass courts, tennis whites, female players always listed as 'Miss' (or Mrs!). It's all so civilised. I don't actually have plans to go this year--while the Wimbledon Queue is quite an experience, and something of an institution of its own, it's kind of exhausting to get up at 4.30 in the morning just to queue until 10.30--and that's just for a ground ticket (for show courts, you really need to be there the night before).

Besides, as of this afternoon when I saw an ad on the vet's noticeboard, there's a possiblity I may be concerned with a new arrival this week--or maybe even two...

No comments:

Post a Comment