Friday, May 22, 2009

Rockstars

Warning: thinking-out-loud for fifty paces.

Okay, so my current Wip has as its hero an improbably named rockstar. Why? Because I did once of those silly name generator memes a few months ago and Spike St John was just too good to let go. But our Spike is so named because his father was a seventies rockstar who may have been ingesting illegal substances when it came to choosing names. And now I need a name for his band.

What's a good name for a seventies rock band? I've been Googling around using a couple of random generators, and while I like a few of them, none are quite right, such as Immortal Coma (a bit emo), Cheerful Pixel (too Noughties), Babe of the Remote Bazooka (gloriously silly, but there are no girls in the band).

I'll try a different approach--similar to the one that got me Spike's name.

1. The first article title on the Wikipedia Random Articles page is the name of your band.
2. The last four words of the very last quotation on the Random Quotations page is the title of your album.
3. The third picture in Flickr's Interesting Photos From The Last 7 Days is your album cover.


This gets me: Bumper Knot and their album To Get Some Help. The album cover is this:
Perhaps I need to keep trying.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I really like Babe of the Remote BazookaThe fact that there are no girls in it is the USP, obviously.

    ReplyDelete